These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.

These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.


[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]

Re: [xmca] V. V. Davydov



Thanks for the info, Dot. Thanks for all the hard work,
Peter.
mike

On Thu, May 21, 2009 at 7:11 PM, Dot Robbins <drobbins72000@yahoo.com>wrote:

>
>
> Dear Friends,
> hankThis note is a request for help and support. Thank you in advance.
> There is a new translation of V. V. Davydov's Problems of Developmental
> Instruction: A Theoretical and Experimental Psychological Study. Peter
> Moxhay spent years (with no pay) translating this work, and I sincerely
> believe it is one of the finest theoretical/praxis-oriented works on
> cultural-historical theory and child development I have ever read. Truly, I
> learned more from Peter's translation of Davydov than I have learned in
> years. It is highly theoretical, with answers to many questions regarding
> the Vygotskian tradition, and it addresses issues of child development. I am
> hoping you can help order this book for your university library, or write a
> review of the book for journals, amazon.com, and anything you can think
> of. So many books in our tradition either offer theory or praxis....this
> particular book offers something I have seldom read before.....Even if you
> are not specialized in
>  child development, you will learn more about cultural-historical theory
> than you might ever imagine....I am hoping you will help us share
> information on this book. It was translated with total precision, and we are
> only interested in sharing the content as much as possible. There is no
> commercial interest involved with this note. I am writing this note to you
> because of my deep belief in what we can learn as a community. Now, there is
> a new series with Nova Science called International Perspectives in
> Non-Classical Psychology, and this is the first book in this new series.
> There is future interest in publishing works of today that maintain the
> highest quality of both theory and praxis (which in my understanding cannot
> be divided within Vygotskian psychology). If you are interested in
> submitting abstracts, please let me know. Again, books in this series will
> be a devotion of love, not much else, apart from a deep belief in the
> principles Vygotsky showed
>  us.
> Thanks so much for your support.
> Dot
>
>
>
> _______________________________________________
> xmca mailing list
> xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
> http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca
>
>
_______________________________________________
xmca mailing list
xmca@weber.ucsd.edu
http://dss.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca