These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.
These files are maintained strictly for historical reference, research, and recordkeeping purposes, and the content has not been altered or updated since archiving. Content on this site may not meet current digital accessibility standards. If you require an alternative, accessible format of any information found on this site, please contact Bruce Jones, bjones@ucsd.edu to request an accommodation.
Dear Mike-
Many years ago, you made a very good point in one of our private phone
conversations that unfortunately, I did not write down after you. You said
something like, "Often what is meaningful for kids seems to be dangerous for
adults." Is my memory correct? Can you elaborate on that? Have ever written
on that?
By now, I have so many observations and examples of this sad point. I wish
somebody studied this phenomenon on a systematic basis. I saw so many cases
when adults literally suck the life out of kids because of their concerns
about kids' safety and well-being.
What do you think?
Eugene
---------------------
Eugene Matusov, Ph.D.
Professor of Education
School of Education
University of Delaware
Newark, DE 19716, USA
email: ematusov@udel.edu
fax: 1-(302)-831-4110
website: <http://ematusov.soe.udel.edu/> http://ematusov.soe.udel.edu
publications: <http://ematusov.soe.udel.edu/vita/publications.htm>
http://ematusov.soe.udel.edu/vita/publications.htm
Dialogic Pedagogy Forum: <http://diaped.soe.udel.edu/>
http://diaped.soe.udel.edu
---------------------