[xmca] vygotsky and constuctivism

Hi ,

I am rather embarrassed by my ignorance and hope someone might be able to help me.

Yesterday I went to a wonderful art exhibition of Popova and Rodchenko - called Defining Constructivism (at Tate Modern).

As you may well know, they were working during the period of after the 1917 Russian Revolution. One of the descriptions/explanations of their work said that they rejected Kandinsky's linkage of constructivism to psychology, because, I think, they wanted to get away from objectivism.

So I would like to know whether the constructivist perspective in some of Vygotsky's work was infuenced by the constructivist movement of the time, and whether he knew these artists?

It would be great if someone could enlighten me!

best

Shirley