Re: Re2: [xmca] Vygotsky's Plural Discourse!!

Hi Jussi. I look forward to more of your posts! I too am a much slower writer and reader than I wish I was. This reminds me of a story a philosophy professor once told me about himself. He said he liked a lot of subjects in college and had not yet made up his mind what he was going to major in. He said he loved reading but was a slow reader, and was having trouble keeping up with the reading pace required in the sciences, and in English literature, subjects he very much enjoyed. He said he read too closely, meticulously, and therefore slowly, and this became a disadvantage. But he noticed that there was one field where it was a BIG advantage to read that way. Philosophy! And so a career was born ...

Cheers,
- Steve