[xmca] Humans and nature

From: C Barker <C.Barker who-is-at mmu.ac.uk>
Date: Wed Mar 19 2008 - 09:04:58 PDT

Mike, Steve, Peter (hullo Peter!)

I think Mike is right. So, I think, would good old Karl Marx. There's a very good
discussion in Marx's Ecology: Materialism and Nature, by John Bellamy Foster, Monthly
Review Pres 2000

Colin Barker

Steve & Peter. In 2007 you have no difficulty with the idea of "Man's
triumph *OVER *nature?? I have other concerns with other points, but this
one strikes me as really dangerous. Human beings are in and of nature. We
are consuming and "triumphing" ourselves out of existence.

Check it out.

mike

On Wed, Mar 19, 2008 at 3:35 AM, Peter HICK <P.Hick@mmu.ac.uk> wrote:

> Thanks for that Steve,
> an excellent contribution, very interesting
> Pete Hick (new member, Manchester UK)

Before acting on this email or opening any attachments you should read the Manchester
Metropolitan University's email disclaimer available on its website
http://www.mmu.ac.uk/emaildisclaimer