Re: [xmca] My Lai

From: Wolff-Michael Roth <mroth who-is-at uvic.ca>
Date: Mon Mar 17 2008 - 05:34:05 PDT

Hi there,
there are a series of *excellent* essays that bring together two (2)
themes currently discussed on this list, democracy and dialectics.
These essays are in J. Derrida, Rogue States, about democracy to
come----see the dynamic aspect of democracy, which arises from a
dialectic tension on the inside of notion/phenomenon----and the fact
that that state that holds up the democratic name the highest in this
world, denigrating others as rogue states belonging to an axis of
evil, itself is probably the greatest and most important of all rogue
states, continually violating human rights, not subjecting to
international law, violating continually international law....
Michael

Democracy? "I think it would be a good idea..."