RE: [Possible SPAM] Re: [Possible SPAM] Re: [xmca] Copernicus, Darwinand Bohr

From: Michael Glassman <MGlassman who-is-at ehe.osu.edu>
Date: Wed Jun 27 2007 - 13:37:03 PDT

Just to throw an idea out there, but what really is the purpose of an action such as critique? Actually what is critique? Is it to enhance problem solving or is it to control information? Is anything really ever created out of critique - or is critique an instrument of maintenance? (My favorite quote from college, although I don't know how appropriate it is to the conversation - "When a critic turns around he see a eunuch's shadow.") Isn't more progress accomplished through experimentation? And isn't the evolution of experimentation more a process of failure, recalibration, and further experimentation?

Michael