RE: more re cognition and emotion

From: Phil Chappell (phil_chappell@access.inet.co.th)
Date: Tue Nov 12 2002 - 02:08:00 PST

Point taken, Judy. I get so caught up in the day to day workings of
language in terms of emerging language development of second language
learners that I sometimes see the world as stopping there. Appraisal is
certainly a valuable part of the tool kit that second language learners can
appropriate and also develop a metalanguage of in their efforts to become
active, powerful and equitable members of their discourse communities.
That, I guess, is getting on with real work!

Phil