[Xmca-l] Re: Fwd: Address to UN Security Council

Peter Smagorinsky smago@uga.edu
Fri Apr 24 03:19:40 PDT 2015

http://www.spiegel.de/international/world/islamic-state-files-show-structure-of-islamist-terror-group-a-1029274.html
This piece might also be of interest. p

-----Original Message-----
From: xmca-l-bounces+smago=uga.edu@mailman.ucsd.edu [mailto:xmca-l-bounces+smago=uga.edu@mailman.ucsd.edu] On Behalf Of mike cole
Sent: Thursday, April 23, 2015 8:40 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Fwd: Address to UN Security Council

This might prove of interest.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: *Scott Atran* <satran@umich.edu>
Date: Wednesday, April 22, 2015
Subject: Address to UN Security Council
To: COG-SCI-REL-L@jiscmail.ac.uk

Dear Colleagues,

Attached is my brief to the UN Security Council, which I will present at the UN on Thursday to introduce a full ministerial debate on the Role of Youth in Countering Violent Extremism.​

... Current  proposal in Congress to cut NSF social science funding by nearly half are, just from a national security vantage, nuts, so I've given NSF permission to use it in its lobbying.

Cheers, Scott Atran

--
"Each new level of development is a new relevant context." C.H. Waddington