[Xmca-l] Re: Отв: Re: Отв: Re: Unit of Analysis

Dear Sasha

I like this summary ... until the bit where you link Vygotsky with Rousseau and Kant.

To my eye, Vygotsky's writing has the influence of Spinoza stamped all over it.  The development of the child is a story of the smaller, relatively passive body (i.e. the child) becoming aligned with, sharing in the life of, the larger, relatively active body (i.e. the social environment).

This is not a story of pre-existing entities coming to an agreement or a social contract.

Do you think Kant's influence on Vygotsky is stronger than Spinoza's?

Best wishes

Ivan