[Xmca-l] Re: ISCAR experiences, reflections, etc

Antti,

I think the development of a tradition of practice (such as Marxism) means continually returning to the original sources and *digging deeper* into them, while responding to the problems thrown up by the present world. What Vygotsky ridiculed was not just the re-assertion of the original sources, but their mindless and superficial repetition. Whenever Marxism has fallen into crisis, it has sparked a "return to Marx" - not to go back to an original truth, but to look again at what was being taken for granted, and find new sources of inspiration. Vygotsky did this in his reading of /Capital/ in particular.

Andy

(PS Nice to hear your voice on this list, Antti)

http://www.ethicalpolitics.org/ablunden/index.htm
https://andyblunden.academia.edu/research