[Xmca-l] Vygotsky,Marx, & summer reading

Amazon have it for $38.21: https://www.amazon.com/Vygotsky-Marx-Toward-Marxist-Psychology/dp/1138244813 which is not too bad.

My chapter is available at https://www.academia.edu/11387923/ but so far as I can see other authors have not posted theirs on academia.edu - maybe elsewhere?

Thank you, Alfredo, for highlighting how I have pointed to 5 different domains in which Vygotsky demonstrated the "method of analysis by units." To me, it seems useless to identify a writer's methodological innovations unless you can transport that methodology to a different context, and pointing to five applications by Vygotsky himself seemed a good way of showing how portable the method is. More recently, I used this method in an approach to political science, taking a group of people in the room trying to decide on what they are going to do together as a unit of analysis. Personally, I think this method has proved very fruitful and original. How lucky we are to be inheritors of Vygotsky's brilliant insights, still generally so unknown to the general scientific audience. What a gift LSV has given us!

But legacies are always problematic. Alfredo, I think you would be a very good candidate to review this book. Beth?