[Xmca-l] Re: The Social and the Semiotic

I have just been reading an article by Charles Taylor in which he refers to theories (plural) of signs formulated by Enlightenment philosophers, mentioning Condillac in particular. It never occurred to me that semiotics stretched back to the 18th century. I thought that Peirce invented it! Something new every day.

andy