[Xmca-l] Brian Street, R.I.P.

From: David Bloome <davidbloome@gmail.com<mailto:davidbloome@gmail.com>> For those of us who draw upon new literacies scholarship, you will join me in mourning Brian Street.
It is with great sadness and pain that I share with you that our friend and colleague Brian Street died last night.  Lalu shared with us that he was listening to Jazz when he died.  Brian had been fighting a long time against a cancer that had riddled his body.   There is no information yet about memorial and funeral arrangements.  Brian will be remembered for his scholarship and theorizing on literacy and culture; for many of us, we will remember most his optimism about life, his eagerness to engage people in conversation, his friendship, the many doors he opened for others, his love of jazz, and beer at the Bristol pub on Sunday evenings.