[Xmca-l] Re: RES: Re: Child Development: Understanding a Cultural Perpsective

Any time that David wishes to share the electronic texts of his new translations, provided he is confident of their reliability, marxists.org will be delighted to publish them.

On 22/05/2017 11:23 PM, Alfredo Jornet Gil wrote:
Thanks David for sharing the link to the original text, and for sharing the English translation later. With regard to Mike's note, it seems Marxists.org already does a wonderful service as archive. I can always help contributors to do the extra work if another source needs to be shared.

Alfredo
From: xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu <xmca-l-bounces@mailman.ucsd.edu> on behalf of David Kellogg <dkellogg60@gmail.com>
Sent: 21 May 2017 23:27
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: RES: Re: Child Development: Understanding a Cultural      Perpsective

I really wish you WOULD have a look at it, Mike. It's giving me a lot of
trouble. It's in this:

https://www.marxists.org/russkij/vygotsky/pedologia/lektsii-po-pedologii.pdf

(starts on p. 233)

The main trouble I'm having is with the words "schizotomy", "mesotomy",
"isotomy", and "topo-human", which as far as I can tell do not exist in
either Russian or English.

I'm also having trouble with names: the stenographer uses "kelt" for
"Volkelt" and I think that "Bleder" is really Bleuler (although that may be
a mistake of the transcriber and not the stenographer). But who the devil
is this Osburgen? Could it be Asperger? He WAS working on "schizoid"
children at that time (he hadn't actually started exterminating them as
part of the Nazi T4 programme). But he hadn't really started publishing, I
don't think.

If you wait a week or so, I'll have a first draft of an English
translation I can show the list. I'm about half done. But it turns out that
they actually want you to write thesis when you do a Ph.D.!

Macquarie University

"The Great Globe and All Who It Inherit:
Narrative and Dialogue in Story-telling with
Vygotsky, Halliday, and Shakespeare"

Free Chapters Downloadable at:

https://www.sensepublishers.com/media/2096-the-great-globe-and-all-who-it-inherit.pdf

Recent Article: Thinking of feeling: Hasan, Vygotsky, and Some Ruminations
on the Development of Narrative in Korean Children

Free E-print Downloadable at:

http://www.tandfonline.com/eprint/8Vaq4HpJMi55DzsAyFCf/full