[Xmca-l] Re: The Stuff of Words

The difficulty with understanding Peirce, Henry, is that not only was he incapable of managing his own life (repeatedly rescued from the gutter by his much-abused wife and remaining friends James and Dewey), he was also incapable of writing a book. He left us a pile of manuscripts packed with brilliant insights which others have interpreted and passed on to us. Make of him what you will.