[Xmca-l] Re: identity expressed or formed by action?

That sounds good, Stephen, but I don't see any "drive to express identity" in there. I do think there is a drive to form and preserve social bonds, but this is not the *expression* of affiliative identity; perhaps the source of "affiliative identity," and the objective basis for an imposed identity (as opposed to a self-identity), but not something created by a desire or drive to express a pre-existing identity.

Yes?