[Xmca-l] Re: Trump's speech and Perezhivanie

Well, I'm 71 and I subjected myself again to 17 mins of Trump, in the service of xmca.

I am filled again with feelings of anger, disgust and frustration. I see a *conman*, he has appropriated lines from every discourse known to humanity, some progressive, some reactionary and pumped it out, drained of meaning in the hope of hooking a fish with such an obvious bait. Not even a very good conman. He promotes *magical thinking*, all the social problems of American stop "now". Magical thinking. Within hours he is ripping health cover of several million of the poorest Americans and giving corporations the green light to ignore environmental regulations. My feelings of anger and disgust are generated not so much by his wilful assault on people (before Obama these people never had health care anyway), but by the hypocrisy and duplicity with which it is done. As a non-American all the "victim-America" talk is of course also particularly provocative.

In a word disgust at what I see as a gesture of utter contempt for his listeners. If I had to perform my reaction on stage, and if I were to take Stanislavskii's advice, I would adopt the feeling of disgust as the meaning which made my perception of the speech into an aesthetic whole.