[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] FW: Performing the World Conference
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity (firstname.lastname@example.org)" <email@example.com>, "NCRLL@lists.service.ohio-state.edu" <NCRLL@lists.service.ohio-state.edu>, "LEGO-L@listserv.uga.edu" <LEGO-L@listserv.uga.edu>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] FW: Performing the World Conference
- From: Peter Smagorinsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 29 Nov 2016 11:30:34 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) email@example.com;
- In-reply-to: <29C7C0CF-3D79-4527-9FF5-2610AE5216D5@eastsideinstitute.org>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <BY2PR0201MB160700324E17B3C6A024F797CEB70@BY2PR0201MB1607.namprd02.prod.outlook.com> <29C7C0CF-3D79-4527-9FF5-2610AE5216D5@eastsideinstitute.org>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:99
- Thread-index: AQHSSc4aDmOqDQX5+02yK9gDVtQz0qDv1Cmg
- Thread-topic: Performing the World Conference
Assistant Professor or Associate Professor, Youth Development, Fall 2017
The Youth Development Program (YDEV) at Rhode Island College invites a creative and engaged scholar to join its dynamic team. This position is specifically targeted to a candidate who can develop and facilitate a new Master’s Degree Program in Youth Development. The successful candidate will also be able to teach undergraduate and graduate courses anchored in a positive and/or critical youth development framework. Other responsibilities include contributing to robust partnership initiatives between RIC YDEV and community organizations, sustaining interdisciplinary relationships across education/social work/non-profit studies, and advising graduate and undergraduate students.
Founded in 2012 and now boasting almost 100 undergraduate majors, the Youth Development Program at RIC prepares aspiring youth workers to “lead with” young people to make a better world. Through community partnerships and interdisciplinary coursework in education, social work, and nonprofit studies, RIC YDEV students develop personal and professional tools to engage with young people and their communities. Students, faculty, and staff work and learn together in this vibrant program.
Established in 1854, Rhode Island College is a comprehensive mid-size institution of approximately 9000 students. The 180-acre campus is located in beautiful, historic Providence, Rhode Island’s capital, with proximity to the academic and cultural resources of Boston and New York City.
Candidates will be considered at the rank of Assistant or Associate Professor based on qualifications.
Persons from underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply.
View more information and the application at https://employment.ric.edu/postings/2698
Corinne McKamey, Ed.D.
Associate Professor of Culture, Communities and Education
Co-Director, Youth Development BA Program
Educational Studies Department
Rhode Island College * Henry Barnard School 218
YDEV Website: http://tinyurl.com/ydevric
ADVISING APPOINTMENTS (with Dr. McKamey): http://tinyurl.com/Mckamey218