[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Sad news-- Jerry Bruner has died
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Sad news-- Jerry Bruner has died
- From: Susan Davis <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 6 Jun 2016 07:10:46 +0000
- Accept-language: en-AU, en-US
- In-reply-to: <CAHH++P=Rj3QyhXZi-EETLsLG0XTrEgBZkLkVgGGcEQLe-ibsZg@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAHCnM0AmYSMfvs9ejSQjMsgcYMadMrkzM-wFXL-J6q9rhacvMw@mail.gmail.com> <BL2PR06MB227445B4DB0C672B085456F5C55C0@BL2PR06MB2274.namprd06.prod.outlook.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAHH++P=Rj3QyhXZi-EETLsLG0XTrEgBZkLkVgGGcEQLe-ibsZg@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AQHRv4vsCb6b+WX1VEWfJ/519mKShp/a9dyAgAAKKYCAAQ5igA==
- Thread-topic: [Xmca-l] Re: Sad news-- Jerry Bruner has died
- User-agent: Microsoft-MacOutlook/126.96.36.199117
Thanks for letting us know Mike and sympathies to those who knew him,
What an incredible contribution Bruner has made, writing on so many
aspects of learning and what it means to be human.
I, like so many, continue to discover new riches in the body of his work.
Amazingly this morning when Mike’s email came through I was re-reading a
piece by Bruner “A Narrative Model of Self-Construction”. Last year I was
also revisiting some of his work when I was researching the Heathcote
Rolling Role book, looking at the ambition and scope of the MACOS program
as a material embodiment of many progressive education and
cultural-historical theoretical tenants.
I would love to see a special edition of MCA and other publications
revisiting his work and its impact, not only in a historical sense, but
also considering key aspects of his work worth revisiting and
Dr Susan Davis
Senior Lecturer | School of Education & the Arts | Higher Education
CQUniversity Australia, Noosa Campus |
PO Box 1128, Qld 4566
P +61 (0)7 5440 7007 | X 547007 | M +61 418 763 428
On 6/06/2016 11:33 am, "Greg Thompson" <email@example.com> wrote:
>Would it be irreverent to say:
>"Bravo for a life well lived!"
>And, I'd love to hear more reflections on Bruner. The next generation of
>scholars desperately needs to know more about this generation.
>On Mon, Jun 6, 2016 at 9:56 AM, Andy Blunden <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
>> Andy Blunden
>> On 6/06/2016 10:38 AM, David H Kirshner wrote:
>>> My condolences, Mike.
>>> A huge loss to all of us.
>>> Perhaps sometime you can share with us some of your personal
>>> with him.
>>> -----Original Message-----
>>> From: email@example.com [mailto:
>>> firstname.lastname@example.org] On Behalf Of mike cole
>>> Sent: Sunday, June 05, 2016 6:37 PM
>>> To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
>>> Subject: [Xmca-l] Sad news-- Jerry Bruner has died
>>> At the age of 100 it cannot be unexpected, but I have just heard
>>> colleague that Jerry Bruner has died.
>>> Its difficult to lose a colleague and friend who had a fundamental
>>> influence on my own life trajectory.
>Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
>Department of Anthropology
>880 Spencer W. Kimball Tower
>Brigham Young University
>Provo, UT 84602