[Xmca-l] Re: Mediating Activity and Mediated Activity

That's very interesting, Martin. I had confirmed that there was a Russian translation of the Phenomenology in LSV's lifetime. Still, I have not found a single remark by any Marxist of the time, or LSV, indicating specific interest in the Phenomenology of Spirit. Lenin, for example, who was actually the founder of Marxist-Hegelianism, made extensive analysis of both Logics and Hegel's Lectures on the History of Philosophy, but never mentioned the PhG.

On the other hand, I know that in 1930 LSV collaborated with Finget and Shirvindt (two supporters of Abram Deborin who was regarded at the time as a Marxist-Hegelian) in some work on Psychology. Without any evidence other than the timing of this contact being coincident with Vygotsky's change in what he understood by "concept" from the positivist definition to the Hegelian definition. This time is also recognised as a major turning point in Vygotsky's thinking across a range of issues, reflected in HDHMF.

That is my best bet, but maybe Shpet was a part of it too.