[Xmca-l] Re: Community Psychology

What Engestrom is doing by saying "the activity is the context" is further specifying "context" according to how context is grasped in CHAT. I.e., we do not simply ask for a list of everything around, from economic conditions to the weather, we ask "what is going on here?" By its nature this indicates the outcome of an enquiry into the environment, rather than the environment as such. A person's action make sense in the context of the activity of which it was a part.