[Xmca-l] Re: Community Psychology

Mike…

“Activity setting” is the terminology Tom Weisner and I used in a AAA paper (attached) “constructed” by us to reflect the impact on our thinking of the Whitings Psychocultural Theory and Activity Theory/Vygotsky. Roland and I used it in in Rousing Minds to Life. We were trying at the time to see a convergence in thinking in different realms of psychology and anthropology. The Psychocultural folks used “settings” which seemed to map onto “activity” as you and many others were introducing to American psychology.