[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Looking for lit on experiential learning?
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Looking for lit on experiential learning?
- From: "Glassman, Michael" <email@example.com>
- Date: Fri, 8 Jan 2016 17:59:41 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: spf=pass (sender IP is 126.96.36.199) smtp.mailfrom=osu.edu; mailman.ucsd.edu; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;mailman.ucsd.edu; dmarc=bestguesspass action=none header.from=osu.edu;
- In-reply-to: <CAKCYZhxYyA+pTjbH47bVW28HsqXkwQoC5b4wF4fuNKCiZPX9oQ@mail.gmail.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAHH++Pnwv0bdFMYUmSP2AHJNRvRDFxa1-W_MqavBEyPo316Vjw@mail.gmail.com> <CAKCYZhxYyA+pTjbH47bVW28HsqXkwQoC5b4wF4fuNKCiZPX9oQ@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
- Thread-index: AQHRSjyh7vL8KSeSXUmjS0XvGrU+o57x5+xg
- Thread-topic: [Xmca-l] Re: Looking for lit on experiential learning?
My own feeling is the best work in experiential learning right now is being done in virtual reality and I think eventually augmented reality. Check out the work of Kurt Squire and to a lesser extent Gilly Salmon.
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Greg Mcverry
Sent: Friday, January 08, 2016 12:46 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity <firstname.lastname@example.org>; email@example.com; kari kane <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Looking for lit on experiential learning?
Big fan of Chip Bruce's work on inquiry learning and she should check out what the Digital Media Learning Hub is doing with the Connected Learning framework.
These two sources may not show up in traditional lit reviews of experiential learning.
On Fri, Jan 8, 2016, 12:23 PM Greg Thompson <email@example.com>
> I have a favor to ask:
> I have a student who is interested in experiential learning (Kari
> Kane, cc'd on this email, so please "reply all" if possible), and
> we're looking for a greater breadth of the literature on experiential learning.
> So far, we have David Kolb's work on experiential learning and I've
> pointed her to some oldie but goodie stuff by Dewey as well as the not
> quite so oldie stuff by Cole.
> So I'm just wondering if you have suggestions of folks who have done
> particularly good work/writing on experiential learning? (doesn't
> necessarily have to be from a CHAT perspective, just good work).
> Some more details on Kari's research, she is going to be doing an
> academic internship at (and eventually shaping her thesis around) work
> at a tuition-based school for troubled youth that employs experiential
> learning as one of the main pedagogical/therapeutic tools. Kari's
> eventual interests are to bring a model like this to her work in
> low-income communities, but for now she is focusing on the practice
> and process of experiential learning.
> Many thanks in advance for your help with this!
> Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.
> Assistant Professor
> Department of Anthropology
> 880 Spencer W. Kimball Tower
> Brigham Young University
> Provo, UT 84602