[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: FW: CNN Breaking News
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: FW: CNN Breaking News
- From: Peter Smagorinsky <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 10 Nov 2015 10:45:51 +0000
- Accept-language: en-US
- Authentication-results: spf=none (sender IP is ) email@example.com;
- In-reply-to: <DM2PR07MB57651B6ED67818D3D790713C1150@DM2PR07MB576.namprd07.prod.outlook.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <721224930.4664.1447086495430.JavaMail.cmutil@cmfspdiprod2> <BN1PR02MB1663858D22086E4992B1BACA4150@BN1PR02MB166.namprd02.prod.outlook.com>, <BN1PR02MB166B11BEDDBD8FCFBD60F72A4150@BN1PR02MB166.namprd02.prod.outlook.com>, <BC6E28C4-4B8B-4954-A3F3-5059FA959991@cwu.edu> <DM2PR07MB57651B6ED67818D3D790713C1150@DM2PR07MB576.namprd07.prod.outlook.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
- Spamdiagnosticmetadata: NSPM
- Spamdiagnosticoutput: 1:23
- Thread-index: AQHRGwxnMZ/oDBVnl0eqVMKqeFovGZ6T8zCAgAACARCAAAamgIAAF3zxgAD/pnA=
- Thread-topic: [Xmca-l] Re: FW: CNN Breaking News
I think this story is about a whole lot more than the $1million they'd forfeit if they cancelled Saturday's football game. http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2015-11-09/university-missouri-president-chancellor-leave-over-race-tension
Their football program brought in $83 million last year (http://www.kansascity.com/sports/college/sec/university-of-missouri/article8564105.html). Most universities are paying out much more just in fired coach salaries. I think this is a real story of a group of students taking action to change social policies through dramatic action. Power to the Players!
From: firstname.lastname@example.org [mailto:email@example.com] On Behalf Of Annalisa Aguilar
Sent: Monday, November 09, 2015 2:35 PM
To: eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity
Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: FW: CNN Breaking News
I heard a story on the PBS radio channel just now, and I learned that the Missouri university would have had to pay Brigham Young ONE MILLION dollars for forfeiting the upcoming football game.
THAT is likely why the President stepped down.
Not because of the intrinsic issues, of course, but for the cost to the university.
Apparently the climate was pretty bad there. With plenty of deniers, In the story the said there were students throwing cotton balls in front of AA organizations. Now all incoming students are going to get diversity training.
The world needs diversity training, actually.