[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Ed Psych Textbook?
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>, "firstname.lastname@example.org" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Ed Psych Textbook?
- From: Greg Mcverry <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Tue, 5 May 2015 15:46:46 +0000
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20120113; h=mime-version:references:from:date:message-id:subject:to :content-type; bh=vIZ+439TGhAW3yK16XujnzNjAWGumY1FRbvvfABbkA4=; b=ZuheHJmZ1frhbV355qmfVMLa3JQ6ox9BL3adGiIU7RYAzyTgcNicoEJ72hIF1Em+Nb pjM3G3eM06os9Vsz4UTTAygVG4aAR1geD8XcXva5WR4TYOBcGf3uAs9sKDT1xPabDQQF zqdxw7YnCBBNwTzbVqzOQp04vmGDMMapfW+oDpFyJ1Bvobkuf6H/wxFj4Dff5z5VbAhL 7iIPHryA5Z+QlmnyPbNPa2HSvIHV56FRNRIuM+yXUv2SwT/qUkL/I9s0e+XOMyDEpF5Z 0+CUKYuM+BNOFchg4ic4d+TBoJ4g2JKKoMIICU6iBmc6MzzetLDyr/ihQcZ52gffW3eo MWgw==
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CO1PR07MB283F679BC92758B77F19C54B7D20@CO1PR07MB283.namprd07.prod.outlook.com> <CAJ=QRMz77RhX5Oe+T_Gq_HWpezzryb2ug--nNPeZmCCQ-DtvMA@mail.gmail.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
And we (CT) will probably be moving to edPTA as well. In Pearson we trust.
I will say I use the Ormrod text as well but if you want to include CHAT or
other theories more prevalent in learning sciences you need to supplement.
On Tue, May 5, 2015, 11:34 AM Ian O'Byrne <email@example.com> wrote:
> Hi Cathrene,
> We have been (happily) using Educational Psychology
> by Jeanne Ormrod for years. The publishers rep came to us last year and
> indicated that they would be moving to a solely digital version, and
> charging more for paper copies of the text. As a result, we started looking
> for other texts. The good news is that Ormrod's text (and older versions)
> are available for rent and purchase online for relatively inexpensive
> We supplement this with Dan Willingham's *Why don't students like school*
> *Holler if you hear me
> Gregory Michie.
> We're in CT and many of our students look for employment in NY.
> Hope that helps,
> On Tue, May 5, 2015 at 11:12 AM Cathrene Connery <firstname.lastname@example.org>
> > Dear Colleagues:
> > I'm writing for advice regarding what people on our list serve would
> > consider to be the best text for an undergraduate educational psychology
> > text for pre-service teachers. The students would eventually be taking
> > edTPA and New York State certification exams. Can you recommend a
> > book or list of titles?
> > Many thanks,
> > Cathrene