[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] faculty position...
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] faculty position...
- From: Martin John Packer <email@example.com>
- Date: Mon, 6 Apr 2015 22:32:42 +0000
- Accept-language: es-CO, en-US
- Authentication-results: mailman.ucsd.edu; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
- Thread-index: AQHQcLmYVa/lZtIIKkepfBXHh51HKg==
- Thread-topic: faculty position...
Academic Search 2015, Professor of Psychology
The Department of Psychology at Universidad de los Andes (1st in Colombia, and 5th in Latin-America according to QS University Rankings), invites applications for a full-time professorial position with exclusive dedication, beginning August 2015.
Candidates are required to have a doctoral degree, as well as training or experience in one of the following areas: Organizational Psychology, Educational Psychology, Consumer Psychology, Health and Clinical Psychology, or Social Intervention.
The selected candidate will be expected to: develop research and/or intervention projects in his/her area of expertise and procure external funding; teach at the undergraduate, graduate and extension levels; and participate in the activities and institutional development of the department and university. Further information about the Psychology Department and the Universidad de los Andes can be found at http://psicologia.uniandes.edu.co
• Completed doctorate in Psychology or related areas.
• Experience in research or intervention projects, and publications in scientific journals.
• Teaching experience is desirable, although not a requirement.
The Department is interested in hiring a candidate in the category of Assistant or Associate Professor. A formal process based on the candidate’s qualifications and following university regulations will determine the salary and the specific category. Salaries and benefits are competitive in the Colombian context (for more information, please contact the department chair).
Please send the following documents to the chair of the Psychology Department (in electronic or print format):
1. Curriculum vitae
2. Copy of relevant publications
3. Certifications of experience in research or intervention projects
4. Contact information of two academic or professional references
5. 3 page (maximum) essay detailing academic trajectory, research and professional interests, as well as possible contributions to the Department of Psychology at Universidad de los Andes
6. A course syllabus in the candidate’s area of expertise fitting the undergraduate program in psychology. Information about the undergraduate program can be found here: http://psicologia.uniandes.edu.co
The selection committee includes two Department of Psychology associate professors, the chair of the Department of Psychology, and an associate or full professor at the School of Social Sciences.
The committee will ask short-listed candidates to deliver a public presentation about their research and academic perspectives to an audience of students and professors of the department and the university.
The department may declare the call null and void, or keep it open until a person meeting the requirements for the position is identified.
June 30th, 2015, 11:59pm (local time).
Incomplete documents or documents delivered after the deadline will not be considered.
Please send application to:
Carolyn Finck, Chair, Department of Psychology, Universidad de los Andes, Carrera 1 # 18A-12 Bogotá, Colombia
Or to: firstname.lastname@example.org<mailto:email@example.com>