[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Erratic Marxists
- To: Andy Blunden <email@example.com>, "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Erratic Marxists
- From: mike cole <email@example.com>
- Date: Sun, 22 Feb 2015 07:08:59 -0800
- In-reply-to: <54E9EF53.firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <email@example.com> <CAHCnM0AVtKHZzsLz=TU4zv2VVAEb4Ls7E38N8o6xRyRSgkLBRQ@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CACwG6Duiv=3Vacp5oK=Zf5AdHxbZCvqZooEv2CgrooEsfyuANg@mail.gmail.com> <CAHCnM0Dy_w_jow4Dec6A0Z0LVLvppC8ZAdt5tsXgshbh_7kMLg@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAHH++Pm2AwaT8DTeP0xRUMzTgcvmK_AYTg7QNTzLyEGrNusP4A@mail.gmail.com> <email@example.com> <CAGaCnpxQ8Ajb6Vn2HXnJDLdZGJErAhhgSyaBYvhiuoM5rf5GAg@mail.gmail.com> <1DBFC697F1B675469D2CE09A9B3FEE2A3DA73B7F@SRVUNIMBX07.uni.au.dk> <54E9B016.firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAHCnM0Cx0whRzqFcMKc61NS55X5+SFhXH_sS+cZXWqs5FRR6Ag@mail.gmail.com> <54E9EF53.email@example.com>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Sender: <email@example.com>
You may be correct, Andy. I am not being in the slightest ironic about
choosing the word, optimism. The record for the last 100 years has been a
little dim on the score of European (and American and...) workers come to
each other's rescues across national borders when being ripped off by the
economic arrangements they are a part of.
My ignorance is too vast to permit an informed opinion... except on the
danger's of self delusional feelings of entitlement by the entitled.
On Sun, Feb 22, 2015 at 7:01 AM, Andy Blunden <firstname.lastname@example.org> wrote:
> mike cole wrote:
>> ... If he is waiting for the European workers to come to the aid of
>> Greece, Andy, he is more optimistic than I am. But that is my badly
>> informed hunch.
>> But that is the only way out. That has been Syriza's policy from the
> beginning. I.e., they want to retain the Euro, they want to stay in the EU,
> but they refuse to wreck their own economy with Germany's austerity program
> which has also devastated the economies of other countries. Their aim is to
> change EU policies, not to do something different in Greece, as I
> understand it.
It is the dilemma of psychology to deal as a natural science with an object
that creates history. Ernst Boesch.