[Date Prev][Date Next][Thread Prev][Thread Next][Date Index][Thread Index]
[Xmca-l] Re: Reference data bases
- To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Subject: [Xmca-l] Re: Reference data bases
- From: Martin John Packer <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Date: Fri, 30 Jan 2015 19:46:48 +0000
- Accept-language: es-CO, en-US
- Authentication-results: mailman.ucsd.edu; dkim=none (message not signed) header.d=none;
- In-reply-to: <email@example.com>
- List-archive: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/private/xmca-l>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=help>
- List-id: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l.mailman.ucsd.edu>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-subscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org?subject=subscribe>
- List-unsubscribe: <https://mailman.ucsd.edu/mailman/listinfo/xmca-l>, <mailto:email@example.com?subject=unsubscribe>
- References: <CAHCnM0CTEOQ5V1GZc1rJesLWbpPyg16wq2BPx4Mdr=sFJ5RYSw@mail.gmail.com> <CAHH++Pn98FO6aENjVMHcP-x3=vn=1+aPS-wH76N=EWXbAdAfirstname.lastname@example.org> <CAHH++PmqdbeYEhXW7nbb1JE67TGVn_B1K2OwHm3hDw8T+WGpAQ@mail.gmail.com> <974007D9-7E6B-468C-89DB-FCA6E88832CF@uniandes.edu.co> <CAG1MBOEqFEPDAecoCo-2JNfXu=mvhX9zK0yS44nBjsDRvkX5SA@mail.gmail.com> <CAHCnM0C8G0t=dwpX6c4nRGNQj=OKXO6NKEF7QtQ5npfhtPfemail@example.com> <CAG1MBOF--8mCwAg9BA-OTPF5v0iX+je8g=Rv6EZ33KVa5QOK9A@mail.gmail.com> <B692C483-1AAE-4652-B822-D5464F3E641E@uniandes.edu.co> <CAG1MBOGVYjcpsiUBeCnyixDwg_A3nwZOt0so3RQbQR__e5hN9w@mail.gmail.com>, <88F20455-F923-46EE-BD93-063F1581B548@uniandes.edu.co> <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <email@example.com>
- Sender: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Thread-index: AQHQPIegZfm5cLVbj0aiV9ilPugXWg==
- Thread-topic: [Xmca-l] Reference data bases
Defrosting the digital library:
On Jan 30, 2015, at 12:23 PM, Annalisa Aguilar <email@example.com> wrote:
> 1. It would be great to be able to highlight a PDF while reading, and possibly add a note to tag it, then later to be able to collate and organize those notes (from the PDFs) without losing where they come from, without having to put anything in folders at all. Just leave the highlighting in the PDF so the context isn't lost. The PDF(with its highlights and tags), being housed in the reference DB, would be searchable at anytime.
> A search list or filtered list of these highlighted texts/quotes could allow clicking on the entry and then open the PDF and take you to where it's located in the paper.
> I suppose what I'm getting at is to try to reduce the need to file anything. Who has time for that? Can the search facility be the focus for organizing? Do your search and then save the search list to reference in the future if need be.
> 2. Auto-generated citations would be good too, but I think that's an easy reach, isn't it?
> 3. Papers (the now-Springer software) has a cool search feature that allows searching the internet for recent papers by the author. Sometimes it doesn't always work, but even finding one or two new entries makes it worth the crufty list that is sometimes produced.
> Kind regards,