From: mike cole <lchcmike@gmail.com>
Date: 11/20/2013  12:40 PM  (GMT-05:00)
To: "Dr. Paul C. Mocombe" <pmocombe@mocombeian.com>,"eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca-l@mailman.ucsd.edu>
Subject: Re: [Xmca-l] New publication from routledge

Paul-

I have been wanting for some time to join the conversation initiated by
the article for discussion at xmca. I greatly appreciate the way in which
your work articulates with and extends different threads of long standing
concern at lchc.

Your book looks fascinating. I personally have been musing over your
notions of a multi-cultural/multi-national middle/upper class that amplifies
the inequalities generated by capitalism. I think we can all agree that
constructivism is a mode of enculturation predicated on contemporary modes and relations of production -- it were ever so, capitialism or no, that schooling has played this role. And for sure, those of us writing in this
medium who have these concerns are deeply implicated/complicit in the existence of the systems of governance and inequality we deplore -- a difficult truth. That problem, too,

I hope the discussion you initiated will continue and perhaps amplify -- there are knowledgeable people out there in xmca-land who could contribute
interesting thoughts if they can find the time.

With respect to the new book, there is a real irony. At $125.00 it is out of the reach for many of the people who, I assume, you would like to see
appropriate and use the ideas it contains.

Contradictions all the way round.

mike