[Xmca-l] Re: Messages on XMCA

Dear Mike

You are absolutely right when you say “When I see the word "rural" in
Luisa's note my first thought is -- how will the students get there and be
involved? Without those reciprocal relations of exchange (a term I learned
from Olga that seems appropriate to such projects), costs of such an
undertaking are too great”.

As UAb (Universidade Aberta) is a distance teaching university, our
students are living in rural and urban territories. However, they  are
working people and they do not have much time to a project like this one.
In the exploratory research we have been doing, we had the participation of
UAb Local learning centers network coordinators and local municipal agents.
And this is a very interesting way we are going to explore because
reciprocal relations of exchange may occur. In what concerns students’
participation, I am optimistic, it is a question of time and motivation
that may be changed if the project becomes more and more grounded.

Thank you for the reference. I am going to read Deborah’s article.

Best,

Luísa

--

----