[Xmca-l] Re: A Question about Reading and Motivation

>  I have as an
> expert constructionist made it work well for the disadvantaged in a single
> classroom but failed totally in making it scale.

And therein lies the rub. The type of relationship building that is
required to make it work must be created anew in each single classroom and
cannot possibly be scaled up because it will look, feel and sound different
in each one. The only way to scale it up is for every teacher to understand
for themselves that this is what is required and go about making it happen
in their own classroom. Teachers can be led to this understanding but it
can't be provided as a 'package' of what to do and say. It has to be worked
out in each and every interaction between teacher and student/s. Not very
economical, but totally necessary.

Helen G

Dr Helen Grimmett
Lecturer, Student Adviser,