[Xmca-l] Re: [xmca] Perezhivanie and Dewey's concept of experience

Dear All,
We have lost a powerful voice in the field of critical theory in education.
http://apicciano.commons.gc.cuny.edu/2013/09/08/jean-anyon/

Jean Anyon's field work in cultural reproduction from the early 1980's is
still powerfully relevant today.

http://cuip.uchicago.edu/~cac/nlu/fnd504/anyon.htm

Robert Lake

On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 10:01 PM, Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net> wrote:

> As in: http://www.marxists.org/**archive/vygotsky/works/crisis/**
> psycri07.htm<http://www.marxists.org/archive/vygotsky/works/crisis/psycri07.htm>
> How did I miss that? :)
>
> Andy
>
> Martin Packer wrote:
>
>> Why would Vygotsky not ever know of Freud's writing on catharsis, Andy?
>> After all, his colleague Luria was very familiar with Freud. And Vygotsky
>> himself makes reference in "The Meaning of the Crisis..."  to "Freud’s
>> catharsis."
>>
>> Martin
>>
>> On Mar 2, 2013, at 9:12 PM, Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net>
>>  wrote:
>>

>>> Whether Vygotsky ever know or may any use of the Freudian take on the
>>> concept I don't know. But it seems not.
>>>

> --

*Robert Lake  Ed.D.
*Associate Professor
Social Foundations of Education
Dept. of Curriculum, Foundations, and Reading
Georgia Southern University
P. O. Box 8144
Phone: (912) 478-0355
Fax: (912) 478-5382
Statesboro, GA  30460

 *Democracy must be born anew in every generation, and education is its
midwife.*
*-*John Dewey.