[Xmca-l] Re: Leontyev's activities

I will give a very quick reply.
Voice as I understand Shotter is the ongoing way we enter into and within
each other's voice.
The question,
*Is this my voice or your voice speaking?*
As a metaphor it is linking our voices together through joint action.
It privileges *responding* as NECESSARY for *voice* to exist.
The key to understand Shotter is his positing a realm outside of discourse
and discursive formations already formed.
*Voice* is presenting conversational REALITIES as negotiated and contested
and always ongoing in what he calls the hurly burly of life. He suggests
that by turning toward this realm [which is in plain sight but not seen] we
can change our ways of talking away from privileging already formed
discourses to also focus our attention on conversations within their
dialogical forming.

Shotter is suggesting  that *sense* [perception & action mediated through
felt situations] involves 3 kinds of knowing.
However, within departments, and discourses which privilege the already
formed ways of knowing the emerging dialogical conversations as forming
realities are in the background. Shotter wants to place these
rhetorical-responsive conversations in the foreground as vital to
understanding sense..
I will now go offline.
However, Shotter does reference Vygotsky as confirming this way of
understanding voice.
I could give examples if asked