[Xmca-l] Re: Leontyev's activities

Here are two excerpts from Thought and Language which may support Greg's
proposal.
"A word acquires its sense from the context in which it appears.; in
different contexts it changes its sense. Meaning remains stable throughout
the changes of sense The dictionary meaning of a word is no more than a
stone in the edifice of sense; no more than a potentiality that finds
diversified REALIZATION in speech."[245]

Here is another more specific excerpt to support Greg's proposal.

"Thought is not merely expressed in words; it comes into EXISTENCE THROUGH
them. Every thought tends to connect SOMETHING WITH SOMETHING else, to
establish a relation between things." [218]

In my reading of these two excerpts I experience a family resemblance with
the basic *givenness* of phenomenology that thought comes into existence
within *AS* structure. [something AS something else]

Greg invites us to consider some *affinities* between these alternativeways
of talking [which may make common *sense*] in developing the "edifice of
sense*
Sense AS including both perception and action mediated through *felt*
existence.

Phenomenology uses the language of primordial givenness [which may as a
term for historical reasons produce reaction rather than resonance].

Larry