[Xmca-l] Re: Leontyev's activities

So far as I know we are indebted to Percy Bridgman for the idea of the requirement of "opeational definition" of concepts.
http://www.marxists.org/reference/subject/philosophy/works/us/bridgman.htm
If you search for "operation" in Einstein's reply to criticisms (from Bridgman):
http://www.marxists.org/reference/archive/einstein/works/1940s/reply.htm
I think this is a view which the Marxist Leontyev would agree with.
Molecules existed in chemical and physical theory long before one could speak of an "operational definition" of a molecule.

Andy