Re: [xmca] Lewin and unification of the social sciences

Andy, I'm totally on board with you here. Must not have been clear in my
post...
The massive human toll was felt by all. I think even Vietnam was more
widely felt than any of the recent American wars. America has managed to
hide its wars so that they are barely felt by the mainstream population. So
I see little chance of developing a civic generation anytime soon. But
maybe someone else can give me hope?

And as for "rooting", not sure what other meanings you'd add - the two I
had in mind were: 1. rooting - as in "cheering" for one's preferred team in
a sport and 2. rooting - as in what an animal does when it searches for
food (typically in the ground - like a pig searching for roots) and there
is 3. rooting - as an infant does when his cheek is stroked, he "roots" or
orients his head to the mother's breast so that he can nurse. Hadn't
thought of that third one, but maybe that works too...
Is there another meaning in Australia?
-greg

--
Gregory A. Thompson, Ph.D.