Re: [xmca] Educational neuroscience

Dear Andy and all, I found Kurt Fisher, he is at Harvard, Mind, Brain and
Education.

He is described as:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Piagetian_theories_of_cognitive_development

Fischer's theory differs from the other neo-Piagetian theories in a number
of respects. One of them is in the way it explains cognitive change.
Specifically, although Fischer does not deny the operation of information
processing constrains on development, he emphasizes on the environmental
and social rather than individual factors as causes of development. To
explain developmental change he borrowed two classic notions from Lev
Vygotsky,[12]<http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Neo-Piagetian_theories_of_cognitive_development#cite_note-12>that
is, internalization and the zone of proximal development.

I am rather interested in the application of the new findings in the field
of educational neuroscience into the theory and practice of education.

Ulvi