Re: [xmca] Luria on emotions

Yes. Lius Radford just told me. :) I am moving this one to replace the piece I scanned.
Andy

Huw Lloyd wrote:
You can download the full text here:

http://archive.org/download/natureofhumancon032984mbp/natureofhumancon032984mbp.pdf

Best,
Huw

On 15 July 2013 10:37, Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net <mailto:ablunden@mira.net>> wrote:

    With the upcoming xmca discussion of Part 2 of the Special Issue
    on the emotions, people might like to look at Luria's book on his
    approach to the investigation of affect.

    http://www.marxists.org/archive/luria/works/1932/nature-conflicts/luria-conflicts.pdf

    We just have the Preface and Introduction at the moment, but the
    methodological discussion here is intriguing, especially his
    insistence that it is only *psychological* investigation, based on
    detailed observation of voluntary actions and consideration of the
    entire system of the psychological and motor functions, and not
    *physiological* investigation (as in modern "neuroscience:) which
    can shed any light on problems of how human actvity can be
    "disorganised" - and in 1932, this from the guy who is virtually
    the founder of modern neuroscience.

    Andy
    *Andy Blunden*
    Home Page: http://home.mira.net/~andy/ <http://home.mira.net/%7Eandy/>