[xmca] Fwd: [COGDEVSOC] Developmental Faculty Position at UBC

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Jaswal, Vikram (vj8n) <jaswal@virginia.edu>
Date: Sat, Jul 6, 2013 at 5:13 PM
Subject: [COGDEVSOC] Developmental Faculty Position at UBC
To: cogdevsoc@virginia.edu

Assistant Professor - Developmental Psychology

The Department of Psychology at the University of British Columbia –
Vancouver campus (www.psych.ubc.ca) invites applications for a tenure-track
position in Developmental Psychology at the rank of Assistant Professor,
which will begin 1 July 2014.

We are seeking individuals with strong research records appropriate to a
research-oriented doctoral program, who have strong commitments to teaching
and research supervision of undergraduate and graduate students. The
successful candidate must have a Ph.D. before commencing the position and
will be expected to maintain a program of effective teaching, departmental
service, graduate and undergraduate research supervision, and scholarly
research that leads to publication. Although we are looking for the
strongest developmental candidate, regardless of research specialization,
we are primarily interested in candidates whose work focuses on cognitive
development. We are particularly interested in candidates whose research
bridges cognitive development to other areas of psychology and complements
existing strengths in the department (www.psych.ubc.ca/faculty/index.psy).

The starting salary for the position will be commensurate with
qualifications and experience. This position is subject to final budgetary
approval. Applicants should upload a single PDF file (containing a cover
letter, CV, research statement, teaching statement, evidence of teaching
effectiveness, and three publications) to
https://websec1.psych.ubc.ca/internal/faculty/jobappl and complete the
brief form found on that webpage. Next, applicants should arrange to have
at least 3 confidential letters of recommendation submitted online (details
provided at the above webpage). The closing date for applications is 1
October 2013.

The University of British Columbia hires on the basis of merit and is
committed to employment equity and diversity within its community. We
especially welcome applications from members of visible minority groups,
women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, persons of minority
sexual orientations and gender identities, and others with the skills and
knowledge to engage productively with diverse communities. We encourage all
qualified persons to apply; Canadian citizens and permanent residents of
Canada will, however, be given priority.

Leave the message body blank.

For other information about the listserv, including how to update your email
address and how to subscribe, visit http://www.cogdevsoc.org/listserv.php