Re: [xmca] Re: [ISCAR-ANNOUNCE] Sydney-2014 ISCAR Congress Website now open!

That is an interesting observation, Larry.

Wertsch and Zinchenko have used "mediation action in context" as a central
concept in "socio-cultural studies." Engestrom declares that the activity
is the context.

Just leaving it at action-in-context sure does provide a lot of options for
the analytic work of specifying what the referent of the term, context, is.
And since context is
a notoriously polysemic notion, it also allows for lots of people to
talk/write right past each other without noticing there is fairy dust in
the air. The same is true
of course, of people who write about activity but neglect to specify the
object(ive) and often other aspects such as the division of labor of the
activity they claim to be studying.

That three sequence attribution of change in LSV's ideas appears to be
becoming canonical.

mike