Re: [xmca] Soft Power and Collective Sense Making

Thanks for all those linkages, Larry. Perhaps it would be possible to get a
copy
of Renee's article or send us reference for Rodrigues which may be web
accessible.

I think that what may be emerging out of this discussion is a distinction
between the analysis of development toward pre-scribed ends
("internalization") (often by pre-scribed means) versus analyses that allow
genuine goal formation and something more like what many refer to as
"mutual appropriation").

Soft power would be the preferred mode for the latter orientation because
it leaves more space for negotiation of meaning.

Anyway, need to see the papers cited.
mike