Re: [xmca] Soft Power and Collective Sense Making

Larry et al--

Instead of immediately moving to an article I suggested be considered in
addition to, complementary to, the EddySpicer paper,
could we start with the first question I asked. Here is how it went:

First, I was intrigued by your assertion that "Post-Vygotskian theorists
have long wrestled with the apparent
opposition between the sign-mediated nature of collective meanting
making.... and a focus on the object-oriented
activity and practical action in cultural-historical perspectives. (my
emphasis)".

Whose apparent? Who are the people who study sign mediation or
cultural-historical processes with this opposition?

The question of values is in both, of course, and I am happy to get with
it. But the Eddy Spicer article starts
with the issue in red above. It is my fault for even whispering another
article, and its very generous of Andy
to post the article I was referring to, but I actually wanted to discuss
THIS article for discussion.

Happy Mothers day from foggy so california.
mike