[xmca] Call for presentations: Conference on the Perspectives and Limits of Dialogism in Mikhail Bakhtin and Dialogic Pedagogy Institute

Dear Colleagues in dialogue!

Take a look at the call for papers below for the Conference on the Perspectives and Limits of Dialogism in Mikhail Bakhtin, Wed, January 15 (from 5pm) until Friday 17 January, 2014, University of Waikato, New Zealand.

If you are interested in DIALOGIC approaches to culture, communication, the arts, literature, play, carnival,  humor, leisure time, drama and drama in education, or dialogic teaching, this conference may be of interest! If you are interested in the Bakhtinian approach to policy making, politics, power relationships in schools and other institutions, this conference is important for you.

If you are interested to study meaning making in the dynamic and always changing relationships between people where the boundaries are being continuously encountered and negotiated as they appear and disappear, twist, curl and snap straight back, this conference is the right event for you!

In conjunction with the main conference on the Perspective and Limits of Dialogism in Mikhail Bakhtin, a two day Dialogic Pedagogy Institute (a.k.a. The Second International mini-Bakhtinian Conference in Dialogic Pedagogy) will take place from January 18 to 19, 2014.  We invite you to participate!

We invite various types of presentations - from discussions, seminars, paper presentations and films, to ethnography, ethnodialogue, performance, workshops and demonstrations and posters. We encourage and support other innovative and creative presentation formats.

Send your proposals (due by June 1, 2013) and spread the word around the world!

For more information about the Conference on the Perspective and Limits of Dialogism in Mikhail Bakhtin contact:
Jayne White, University of Waikato, NZ, whiteej@waikato.ac.nz

For more information about the Dialogic Pedagogy Institute write to:
Ana Marjanovic-Shane, Chestnut Hill College, Philadelphia, PA, USA, email: anamshane@gmail.com
Brian Edmiston, Department of Teaching and Learning, The Ohio State University, Ohio, USA, email: edmiston.1@osu.edu
Viv Aitken email: VMCK@waikato.ac.nz, Department of Arts and Language Education, Faculty  of Education, University of Waikato

Ana Marjanovic-Shane
Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Dialogic Pedagogy Journal
Associate Professor of Education
Chestnut Hill College
Emails: anamshane@gmail.com
		shaneam@chc.edu