Re: [xmca] self-regulation

Francine,
Your article is fascinating.
I am intrigued by your description of *combinatory* figurative resemblance.
On page 23 you discuss *primary process* AS *lower* psychological functions.
I wonder if this primary process AS imaginal *realms* are implicated in all
types of thinking?? Including the *highest* psychological functions.
I also wonder how we distinguish *imaginal realms* from *fantasy realms*?
Mickey mouse the talking mouse is fantasy.
The imaginal realms are ways to grasp the real and the actual. You
mentioned Bateson and his notion of *regulative* patterns.
Envisioning these regulative patterns may involve *primary* figurative or
analogical reasoning and thinking and reflection may be *secondary* or
derivative FROM these *imaginal realms* (not fanciful or literal realms)

Larry