Re: [xmca] Operations, mental images and emotions (!)

Ok , Andy . I think I need time to delve into the issue of 'project' and the variations you have offered . Leontiev in itself requires repeated readings and much focus .  Haydi

________________________________
 From: Andy Blunden <ablunden@mira.net>
To: "eXtended Mind, Culture, Activity" <xmca@weber.ucsd.edu>
Sent: Tuesday, 16 April 2013, 19:30:33
Subject: Re: [xmca] Operations, mental images and emotions (!)

I generally agree with what you are arguing Haydi, but I think it is quite normal for activities to become routinised. Then we call them institutions.

The objectification of an activity in a material product functioning as a tool or symbol is often the means by which an activity becomes institutionalised.

Andy