Re: [xmca] Pivot or Carrier in play?

Dear Mike and all,

My dissertation  "Metaphor Beyond Play" was using ethnographic data of several children in my family to develop a model of meaning making that looked at children's play and their spontaneous metaphors. It claimed that constructing the imagined world in play is a necessary but not sufficient step in creating metaphoric meanings.
Many of the issues that are being discusses here have been addressed there. I have presented some topics and parts of my dissertation at several conferences (AERA, ISCAR and TASP).

I'll be glad to send the manuscript to all interested.

Ana

Ana Marjanovic-Shane
Deputy Editor-in-Chief, Dialogic Pedagogy Journal
Associate Professor of Education
Chestnut Hill College
Emails: anamshane@gmail.com
		shaneam@chc.edu