Re: [xmca] Operations, mental images and emotions (!)

Michael  -- Whatever sort of collective, distributed properties one
associated with "an activity" surely they would constitute some form of
social intelligece, vis a vis the individual acting in the world. To the
extent that this activity level, social-level cognition is consitutive of
cognition in proximal setting, it would constitute a metacognitive element
in all human thought.

If that is so (maybe a fantasy?) the question becomes how that
already-there activity/societal level of
the environment is appropriated/internalized as a tool of thought...... It
is that "metacognitive," "reflexive"
turn that is so widely advertised to cure all human intellectual ills.

just speculating.
mike