Re: [xmca] Polls are closed: Manfred Holodynsk's article is choice

Undoubtedly, Carol, all these concepts - intention, belief, etc - are prefectly valid concepts for psychology. But we are discussing a paper proposing an approach to the psychology of emotions, i.e., foundational problems, so I am concerned that concepts such as belief and intention are framed in the AT context. That's all.

Andy

Carol Macdonald wrote:
Andy

I think that beliefs can exist separately from intentions, but that
intentions are necessary  for belief-based action and that intentions may
not be realized, and that some actiosmay not be belief-based (for example,
as reactive).

I realise that I have introduced a third "concept" here, but is needed for
explication of the relationship.

Carol