[xmca] Reading Piaget again...

In re-reading Piaget for a class I teach, I saw the following sentences in
"The Moral Judgement of the Child" that I had underlined many years ago,
noticed them again, and felt that he may not have been given sufficient
credit for his observations about the role of culture and class in his
discussions.  On p. 209-10 referring to the findings he has just reported,
he says "To begin with, they relate only to the children belonging to a
certain ethnical (sic) group and a certain social stratum (the poorer
parts of Geneva and a few children from an elementary school at
Neuchatel.)  I wish he had theorized about the role of culture and class,
going beyond these observations but that is another story...

Artin Goncu, Ph.D
Professor,
Educational Psychology
College of Education M/C 147